Leftover vegetables come in handy for this super easy spicy grilled veggie hummus sandwich. Customize it by using any hummus flavor you want.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick-rounds
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick-rounds
- 3 bell peppers, cut lengthwise into strips
- 12–16 whole-wheat bread slices
- 3/4 cup hummus
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium high heat.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables in olive oil and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Grill the vegetables until they are tender and have grill marks, about 5-7 minutes. Allow the vegetables to cool.
- Dice the bell peppers.
- Toast the bread. Spread with hummus and top with grilled vegetables.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review