Looking for a gluten free side? You can’t go wrong with rice and the mix of roasted veggies and raw ingredients in this sweet potato grape wild rice.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the rice with cold water in a fine mesh strainer.
- Place the rice and water in a large saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes. Check the doneness of the rice. The grains should be cooked but still chewy. (Also refer to the package instructions for recommended cook time).
- Drain any remaining liquid from the saucepan. Let the rice sit covered for 5 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned on the edges and tender when pierced with a knife.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, sweet potatoes, grapes, walnuts, scallions, parsley and chives. Season to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review