ons and Pecorino cheese, this easy white bean salad is tossed in basil lemon vinaigrette. It’s ready in 10 minutes or less, and you can make it in advance.
- For dressing
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For salad
- 2–15 ounce cans white beans (navy, great northern or cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- To make the dressing, combine the basil, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree the ingredients until they are smooth and combined.
- For the salad, stir together the beans, onions and Pecorino. Then mix in the dressing.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Let the salad sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 443.6 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 2.6 mg
Keywords: white bean salad, navy bean recipe