With tomatoes, red onions, jalapeños, cilantro and lime dressing, you can serve this easy black bean and corn salad as a side dish too.
- For salad
- 5 ears corn, shucked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- For dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium high heat.
- Rub the corn with 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Grill until lightly charred on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Let the corn cool slightly before slicing the kernels off the cobs.
- Combine the corn in a large bowl with the black beans, tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro and cheese.
- For the dressing, whisk together the garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Drizzle the dressing into the salad, stirring to combine.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
You can make the salad up to 1 day in advance.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 9.1 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3 g
- Fiber: 8.1 g
- Protein: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: black bean corn salad, grilled corn, black bean salad recipe