Dressed in a chive vinaigrette, this roasted red potato salad with corn is an easy side dish where the potatoes and corn roast on the same pan.
- For potatoes and corn
- 1–1/2 pounds red potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- For chive vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper on a sheet pan. Put them cut side down without overlapping. Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes before adding the corn.
- While the potatoes are roasting, slice the kernels off the ears of corn. In a small bowl, toss the corn with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Scatter the corn on the sheet pan around the potatoes.
- Continue roasting the potatoes until they are golden brown and tender and the corn is roasted and bright yellow, about 25-30 minutes.
- For the chive vinaigrette, whisk together the chives, garlic, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the potatoes and corn, tossing to coat.
The potato salad is best served warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: potato salad, roasted potatoes, corn, potatoes
Delicious! We made this last night for dinner guests and are making it again just for ourselves tonight. Because it was so good, I’m now following “last ingredient” for even more delicious recipes. Thank You!
That’s wonderful to hear! I’m thrilled you enjoyed it.
Loved this! I didn’t have red potatoes. But I did yams and Yukon potatoes. Also, used garlic powder so the garlic would t be overpowering for my kids. Even the picky toddler ate it!! Win in my book.
Wonderful recipe. I went outside to cut chives and came back with a handful of other herbs to add too. Potatoes brown nicely, this recipe looks like summer!
The only thing I did different was to add 1 Tbls. more vinegar, and I roasted the corn on the grill. This salad is wonderful!
Tried it. Loved it.
I’m a big fan of potato salads! Pretty much all that I make use boiled potatoes, but roasting them sounds like a great idea, definitely giving this a try 🙂
This was easy, tasty and light. I served it alongside a Cajun chicken dish. Will definitely make this again. 🙂
Love this! While I like traditional potato salad…my Mom’s especially…I frequently stay away due to calorie/fat. Your version improves things with great flavor.
I could see peas in this. 🙂