With arugula, green beans, red onions and white balsamic vinaigrette, this roasted tomato zucchini squash pasta salad is all about the veggies.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchinis, cubed
- 2 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 generous handfuls of arugula
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes, cut side up, with the green beans on one sheet pan. On the other sheet pan, spread the zucchini and squash in a single layer. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are slightly wrinkled, and the green beans, zucchini & squash are lightly browned at the edges.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the penne according to package instructions. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Combine the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, pasta, green beans, arugula, red onions, chives and Parmesan in a large bowl. Toss in the white balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.