Tossed in avocado lime dressing, this vegan Southwestern pasta salad is a mix of grilled corn, black beans, tomatoes, radishes and scallions.
- For salad
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1–15 ounce black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- For avocado lime dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- Cook the fusilli in salted boiling water until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Rub the corn with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes. Let the corn cool slightly before slicing the kernels off the cobs.
- Fold in the corn, black beans, tomatoes, radishes, scallions and chopped cilantro in the pasta.
- For the dressing, puree the avocado, garlic, lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir the dressing into the pasta salad.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.