With less than 10 ingredients, this sautéed butternut squash and kale makes a simple and tasty fall side flavored with garlic and dried thyme.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–1/2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the squash, stirring frequently, until the squash is starts to be become soft, about 12 minutes.
- Add the onions and continue cooking letting the onions turn soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. After the 30 seconds when the skillet is fragrant, fold in the kale. It will wilt in a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review