With just 6 ingredients, these smashed roasted potatoes turn out golden brown and crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They are a versatile side dish and go with almost any main.
- 2 pounds small yellow potatoes (Yukon Gold)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Place the potatoes and 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a large pot. Fill with cold water covering the potatoes by 1 inch. On the stove over high heat, bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat, partially cover the pot with a lid and simmer the potatoes until they are tender and can be easily pierced with a knife, about 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the potatoes on the pan spacing them a couple inches apart, Use a potato masher or the bottom of a glass to smash them down.
- Drizzle the tops of the potatoes with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 35-40 minutes until they are golden brown and the edges are crispy.
- Garnish with minced chives and flaky sea salt before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. You can warm them in a 350-degree F oven. They will not reach quite the same level of crispiness as when they are first roasted.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 2396.2 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.4 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted smashed potatoes, smashed roasted potatoes