A little bit spicy and smoky would be the best way to describe this easy vegan sweet potato poblano soup with cumin, garlic and cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, deseeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1–1/2 pounds), peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Chopped cilantro for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes until they start to soften. Stir in the poblano peppers, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and stock. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Reserve 1 cup of sweet potatoes. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup in the pot or carefully transfer in batches to a blender to puree. Return the soup to the saucepan to reheat before serving.
- Divide the soup into bowls. Top with the reserved sweet potatoes and cilantro.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review