These honey balsamic mashed sweet potatoes are a quick and easy side. They have a touch of sweetness with a little acid and heat. With so much flavor and personality, they don’t require a pat of butter.
- 3–1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup oat milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chopped parsley, chives for serving
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Fill with water covering the sweet potatoes by 1 inch. On the stove over high heat, bring the water to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Drain the water.
- Puree the potatoes using a food mill or push the potatoes through a fine mesh strainer using a spoon in a large bowl. Transfer the potatoes back to the saucepan.
- Over low heat, stir in the oat milk, honey, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Top with chopped parsley and chives before serving.
You can warm the oat milk by microwaving it for 20-30 seconds.
Keywords: mashed sweet potatoes, best mashed sweet potato recipe