The best thing about these tomato arugula feta biscuits is the subtle garlic flavor in each bite thanks to the jarred marinated roasted tomatoes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 ounces (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk plus more for brushing biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, granulated sugar, salt, pepper and baking powder. Rub the butter into the flour mixture using your fingers or a pastry blender until the butter resembles pea-sized clumps distributed through the flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to create a shaggy dough. Fold in the tomatoes, arugula and feta. The dough will be crumbly, but pat it into a rectangle about 1-inch thick on a flour-dusted sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits. Pat the scraps back together and cut again. Transfer the scones to the prepared sheet pan placing them 2 inches apart.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with buttermilk. Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Biscuits are best eaten the day they are baked. Store in an airtight container and refresh in a 300 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review