With scallions, chives, Parmesan, lemon juice and olive oil, this asparagus, cannellini bean & sourdough salad is a spring version of a panzanella salad.
- 6 ounces sourdough bread, torn into rough pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 1/2 pound asparagus, bottom ends trimmed
- 3/4 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the bread on a sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake the bread until it toasted and deep golden brown, about 15 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
- For the asparagus, preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Lightly grill the asparagus, until it is warm, but is still a bit crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Slice the asparagus into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted bread, asparagus, cannellini beans, scallions, chives and Parmesan. Stir in the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Taste and season with additional salt & pepper before serving.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review