Try a spicy mix of seasoning with Spanish paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper for a healthy snack, oven baked sweet potato chips.
- 1–1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/16-inch-thick rounds. (Use a mandolin, if possible). Transfer the sweet potatoes to a bowl of cold water and soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour to remove the starch.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment. Remove the sweet potatoes from the water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Combine the paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes in the oil and spice mix.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in single layers on the prepared sheet pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway, until the potatoes are crisp and golden brown.
Keywords: baked sweet potato chips