These baked potato chips are closer to real potato chips than the faux healthy bagged baked chips. Serve them warm with sea salt and black pepper.
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes 1/8-inch thick. Soak the potato slices in cold water in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 2 foil-lined baking sheets with vegetable oil.
- Place the potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake the potatoes 40-45 minutes switching the position of the baking sheets halfway through cooking.
- Remove the chips from baking sheets and toss with salt, pepper and chives. The chips taste best warm.