With jalapenos, red peppers and lime juice, this grilled pineapple salsa is spicy, smoky and a bit sweet. Try scooping it up with tortilla chips or just eating it with a spoon.
- 1/2 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Grill the pineapple about 2-3 minutes per side until grill marks appear. Allow the pineapple to cool before dicing.
- In a medium bowl combine the pineapple, onion, red pepper, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.