A simple tomato pesto tartine is just extra special toast is slathered with basil pesto and topped with roasted sliced tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- 2–3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large slices country bread, lightly toasted
- 2–3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Grated Parmesan for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes until they are wrinkled the edges and are somewhat dried but still juicy in the center. (The tomatoes can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. Store in the refrigerator.)
- Drizzle the bread with the remaining olive oil. Spread the the pesto on the bread Arrange the tomatoes on top and sprinkle with the chives and Parmesan before serving.
I can imagine myself eating this tartine on a summer’s evening with a glass of red wine in hand. So fresh and flavorful, I love it!
A glass of red wine would be perfect!