The bottom of the crust of this Bakewell tart is spread with raspberry jam before almond filling is spooned into the pastry shell.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus more for work surface
- 1–1/4 cups almond flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- For the crust, pulse the all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup almond flour, 1 teaspoon sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse sand. With the motor running, slowly pour the water through the feeder tube until the dough comes together. Pat the dough into a 1-inch-thick disk, cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, on low speed followed by the almond extract and 1 cup almond flour until just combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a rectangular tart pan with nonstick cooking spray. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 15-inch x 5-inch rectangle. Place the dough in the pan pressing into the bottom and sides. Trim the excess dough. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place parchment paper over the tart and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are set. Remove the parchment and pie weights and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Let the crust cool before spreading the raspberry preserves on the bottom followed by the almond filling. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top. Place the tart on a sheet pan to catch any drips and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling on a wire rack.
Adapted from Bake From Scratch