The beer in this bittersweet chocolate stout bundt cake enhances its rich fudgy flavor. The cake is finished with a chocolate ganache.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup stout beer
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the beer, butter and cocoa powder. Once the butter has melted, stir the mixture together and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Stir the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla, eggs and yogurt. Fold into the chocolate batter. Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 5 minutes before turning the pan over onto a cooling rack. Wait another 5 minutes before removing the pan.
- Cool the cake completely before making the icing. Place the chopped chocolate into a small bowl. Heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it is bubbling around the edges. Pour the cream over the chocolate. Let stand for a minute before gently whisking until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Spoon the icing over the top of the cake.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review