Full of green veggies, this easy broccoli edamame pea fried rice uses both fresh and frozen vegetables with lots of scallions, ginger and garlic.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2–1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Scramble the egg breaking it into small pieces. Transfer it to a plate.
- Increase the heat to high and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Sauté the white parts of the scallions, garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 30 seconds, add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute before adding the edamame and peas. Continue sautéing for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are cooked but still bright and crisp.
- Pour in the remaining sauce. Let it simmer for a 30 seconds. Then stir in the rice and continue cooking until the rice is warmed and most of the sauce has been absorbed.
- Fold in the sliced green scallions and scrambled egg before serving.