A stove top grill pan is a great way to cook veggies and fruits indoors in the comfort of your kitchen. Learn how to grill vegetables without a grill.
- For spice mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For vegetables
- Corn, shucked
- Zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Medium to large tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- Bell peppers, cut into 3-inch wide strips
- Olive oil
- Preheat a grill pan on the stove over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil and the spice mix.
- To know if the grill pan is hot enough, flick a little water on it. The water should sizzle and steam on contact.
- Start by grilling a zucchini or squash slice or a pepper to test the temperature of the pan.
- Adjust the heat of the burner as necessary.
- Continue grilling the vegetables, making sure not to crowd the pan
Suggested grilling times:
Corn: Grill the corn turning as you see grill marks on the cob, about 10-12 minutes.
Zucchini and yellow squash: Grill the zucchini and squash about 3-4 minutes per side until grill marks appear.
Bell peppers and tomatoes: Grill the peppers and tomatoes about 2-3 minutes per side until grill marks appear.
Overall cooking time depends on type and quantity and vegetables.
This article just talked me into getting that ScanPan grill pan I’ve been eyeing for weeks! Thank you for the great info!
This worked so well. I had never grilled inside until I got a grill pan. Thanks!