Slice sweet potatoes into thin batons for these grilled sweet potatoes with pico de gallo, and then you can keep all the cooking outside instead of using the oven.
- 1–1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro plus more for serving
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Then cut those slices into 1/4-inch-wide batons. Toss the sweet potatoes olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Grill the sweet potatoes until they have grill marks and are tender in the middle, about 7-8 minutes per side.
- For the pico de gallo, combine the tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice and remaining salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pico de gallo over the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with cilantro.