Bright, fresh and citrusy, this key lime pie has a graham cracker crust and a meringue topping that’s toasted with a kitchen torch or under the broiler.
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1–14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a food processor to pulse the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Allow the crust to cool a little.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Pour into the crust and bake for 15 minutes until the center of the filling is still a bit wobbly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they are foamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over the cooled pie.
- To toast the topping, use a kitchen torch or place it under the broiler for a minute or less.
Adapted from Food52
Key Lime Pie is one of my faves! Love your site! 🙂