These malted milk blondies have plenty of extra elements including milk chocolate chips and toasted walnuts and melted salted caramels.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces salted caramel candies, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the malted milk powder, brown sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients mixing until just combined. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips, reserving 2 tablespoons chips. Spread the batter into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes before topping with caramels and remaining chocolate chips. Bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool the blondies for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour