This Moroccan kale salad is a mix of shredded carrots, crispy chickpeas, crumbled goat cheese, chopped pistachios, fresh mint and grapefruit cumin vinaigrette.
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large bunch curly kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped salted roasted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Pat them dry with paper towels and remove any loose outer skins. Place the chickpeas on a parchment-lined sheet pan and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes until crisp and browned, gently shaking the pan about halfway through cooking.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and massage with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Cut the peel and white pith from the grapefruit. Slice between the membranes removing the segments while collecting the juice in a bowl. Cut the segments into chunks. Whisk the remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin into the juice.
- Add the chickpeas, carrots, scallions, mint, goat cheese and pistachios to the kale and toss in the vinaigrette.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review