Crispy and a bit spicy, this roasted chickpea recipe is a healthy snack or appetizer. They’re great for topping salads (instead of croutons) and with roasted vegetables too.
- 2–15 ounce cans chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Pat them dry with a towel. Remove any loose outer skins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sriracha, lime juice, olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Add the chickpeas, stirring to coat in the mixture.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chickpeas to a sheet pan. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast for 25 – 30 minutes until crisp and browned, gently shaking the pan about halfway through roasting.
- Sprinkle the roasted chickpeas with chopped parsley and flaky sea salt before serving.
The roasted chickpeas are best served hot or warm right from the oven.
If you do have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. They won’t be as crispy, but they will still have their spicy flavor. You can mix them into a salad or cooked grains.
- Basic roasted chickpeas: Toss the chickpeas with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lemon & cumin: For the marinade, combine the juice of a lemon with 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- A full spice mix: Combine 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, pinches of chili powder, oregano & thyme with 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Keywords: crispy chickpeas, roasted chickpeas
I am totally hooked on these chickpeas!