With bitter greens, this kale brussels sprout pear salad has everything from sweet fruit to salty blue cheese to crunchy almonds all tossed in sherry vinaigrette.
- For salad
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups chopped Lacinato kale, ribs removed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 red Bartlett pears, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- For vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, kale, scallions, pears, almonds, blue cheese and parsley.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, mustard, sherry vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette into the salad, tossing to combine.
The vinaigrette can be made up to 2 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If the olive oil becomes solid, run the container under hot water and shake it around. The olive oil will turn into liquid again.
Keywords: kale brussels sprout salad