Looking for an easy healthy egg dish for breakfast or brunch? Try this veggie-filled baked mushroom pepper feta crustless quiche with arugula.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for pie dish
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces arugula
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley plus more for serving
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (any type dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch diameter pie dish with olive oil.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté the shallots until they soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until they start to brown. Stir in the red peppers and garlic. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the mushrooms are caramelized and fragrant. Move the skillet off the heat and fold in the arugula and parsley letting the greens wilt slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- To assemble the quiche, spoon the mushroom-pepper mixture into the bottom of the prepared pie dish, reserving 1/3 cup. Scatter half the crumbled feta over the filling.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Top with the remaining mushroom-pepper mixture and feta.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until just set in the middle.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before slicing into pieces and serving.
Keywords: crustless quiche, mushroom quiche recipe
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review