With a sweet layer of cream cheese on a spiced cookie crust, these no-bake peppermint bark gingersnap bars are full of fresh mint flavor.
- For crust
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 heaping cups of gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 1–10 ounce box)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peppermint bark
- For cream cheese frosting
- 1–8 ounce package cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For topping
- 1 cup peppermint bark, roughly broken into pieces
- Line an 8-inch square baking with pan aluminum foil and grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the crust, stir together the melted butter, gingersnap crumbs and finely chopped peppermint bark. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy followed by the vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the confectioner’s sugar. Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the crust. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and cut into 16 squares. Top with broken pieces of peppermint bark.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are best served chilled.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review