Looking for a simple side? Try this parmesan roasted zucchini that’s seasoned in a mix of onion powder and garlic powder and red pepper flakes before it goes into the oven and bakes to a golden brown.
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds zucchini, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F with a sheet pan inside.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in the olive oil.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl. Pour in the oil mixture tossing to coat all the sliced zucchini.
- Carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven. Place the zucchini in a single layer making sure that none of the slices are overlapping. Sprinkle the zucchini with the Parmesan.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until the zucchini is golden brown. Top with chopped parsley before serving.
Loving 🥰 It
Loved it! Next time I will double recipe.
This was so delicious I made it twice last week at my husband’s request. The second time I made it I added about 1/2 tsp of oregano. I also add more cheese as the roasted cheese on the pan is yummy.
Good ideas & easy
I couldn’t get the mixture to stick to the zucchini. I tried it dry, and it did stick. So, what did I do wrong? Or what could I have done to correct my problem. My zucchini was cold just out of the fridge.
Hi Michael. Maybe try patting your zucchini slices with a towel to soak up any moisture. Sometimes when I cut zucchini I see little drops of water on the slices, which could make the oil mixture not able to really coat the zucchini.
Love this zucchini!