Served chilled, this easy peanut butter chocolate tart has a wafer cookie crust and a whipped filling with peanut butter and cream cheese.
- For crust
- Butter for pan
- 1–1/2 cups finely ground chocolate wafer cookies (about 24)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For chocolate topping
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the wafer cookies and melted butter until the mixture has the consistency of wet sand. Press into the bottom and sides of the tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the crust to fully cool before making the filling.
- For the filling, use a handheld mixer to whisk the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Clean the beaters.
- In another large bowl, beat the heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Whisk half the peanut butter into the cream mixture until smooth. Add the remaining peanut butter and whisk until fully incorporated.
- To assemble the tart, spread the peanut butter filling evenly into the tart crust. Melt the chocolate in 30-second blasts in the microwave and drizzle the chocolate on top. Chill the tart in the refrigerator and serve cold.
Adapted from Bon Appetit December 2002