This gluten-free quinoa pizza crust involves only 6 core pantry ingredients plus a mix of dried spices. Skip the cheese toppings to keep your pizza vegan.
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup water plus more for soaking
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, soak the quinoa in water overnight (for at least 8 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain the soaked quinoa and transfer it to a food processor with baking powder, salt, black pepper, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Puree the mixture until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Grease an 8-inch or 9-inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until golden brown. Flip the crust out of the cake pan onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Continue baking for 5-10 minutes until it is golden brown on the other side.
- Add toppings on the crust. Bake for 5-10 minutes until the toppings are warmed and the cheese has melted, if using.
Adapted from Cooking Light
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review