Using two sheet pans for this simple roasted eggplant tomatoes and chickpeas ensures that the eggplant is perfectly browned and the chickpeas are crispy.
- 1–1/2 pounds eggplant (2 medium eggplants or 3 small eggplants), trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2–1/2 ounces baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the eggplant on a sheet pan. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread into a single layer.
- On another sheet pan, toss the tomatoes and chickpeas with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange into a single layer with the tomatoes cut-side up.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until the eggplant has browned, the tomatoes are wrinkled at the edges and the chickpeas are crispy.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, tomatoes and chickpeas with the arugula and chives.