With zucchini, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant, the vegetables roast on sheet pans in this easy roasted ratatouille quinoa. The grains simmer on the stove at the same time.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Half an onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- On one sheet pan, toss the zucchini, squash and eggplant with 1 tablespoon olive oil and half the dried seasoning mix. Spread into a single layer.
- On another sheet pan, toss the tomatoes, peppers and red onions with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the rest of the dried seasoning mix. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes until the zucchini, squash and eggplant are lightly browned, the tomatoes and peppers are slightly wrinkled and the onions are translucent.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the quinoa on the stove. Combine the quinoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the grains are cooked. Let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- In a large bowl, stir together the roasted vegetables, quinoa and basil.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review