Packed with a whopping 3 cups of oats, these salted oatmeal chocolate chip cookies turn out crispy with big chunks of bittersweet chocolate.
- 1–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cups roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Flaky sea salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in the eggs followed by the vanilla extract. On low speed, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the oats and chocolate chunks.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Scoop the dough into balls by the scant 1/4-cup-full. Place on a sheet pan 2 inches apart, gently flattening them with your palm.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, rotating the sheet pans halfway through baking.
- Sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt while they are hot. Let the cookie sit on the sheet pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Food52