With peanut butter, coconut flakes and honey, these sesame peanut bars are an easy one-bowl treat that make a great mid-morning or afternoon snack or a light dessert.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1–1/4 cups black and white sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the sesame seeds, coconut, peanuts and salt. Whisk together the honey, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a small bowl and stir into the sesame seed mixture. Transfer to the prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown at the edges. Cool completely until firm and cut into 16 bars.
Adapted from Bon Appetit September 2015