There are ground nuts and flour in the dough of this strawberry pistachio galette with frangipane filing and sliced berries. It’s an easy dessert.
- For dough
- 3/4 cup unsalted pistachios
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup ice water
- For pistachio frangipane
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- For galette
- 3/4 – 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- For the dough, grind 3/4 cup pistachios with 2 teaspoons granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Add the flour, salt and lemon zest and pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. With the motor running pour the water through the feeder tube and process until the dough forms, about 15-30 seconds. Flatten the dough into a 1-inch thick disk, cover in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- For the frangipane, ground the pistachios and confectioners’ sugar in a food processor. Add the egg and almond extract and process until fully combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment. Toss the strawberries with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- On a well-floured work surface, roll out the dough into a rough 12-inch diameter circle and transfer the dough to the prepared sheet pan. Spread the pistachio frangipane on the dough leaving a 3-inch border at the edge. Arrange the strawberries on top. Fold the edges of the dough partially over the outside edge of the strawberries.
- Bake the galette for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Cool for at least 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving warm or at room temperature.