The spice mix for these rich chili chocolate truffles is a hot combination of chili powder, ground ancho chile pepper and cinnamon.
- For truffles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder plus more for decorating
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus more for decorating
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper plus more for decorating
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- For decorating
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Flaky sea salt
- In a small saucepan, warm the heavy cream. Pour over the chocolate in a small bowl. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before adding the vanilla extract, chili powder, ancho chile pepper, cinnamon and salt. Gently whisk until smooth and combined. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- For decorating, sift together the cocoa powder and confectioners’ sugar.
- Scoop the chocolate by the heaping tablespoon and shape into a ball. Either roll the truffles in the cocoa powder mixture or chocolate sprinkles. Dust the tops with chili powder, ancho chile pepper, cinnamon and flaky sea salt
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.