An easy pantry soup made with canned and jarred ingredients, this chipotle roasted red pepper tomato soup is wonderfully smoky and spicy. You can freeze it, too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1–2 tablespoons chipotle en adobo sauce
- 1–16 ounce jar roasted red pepper strips, drained
- 1–28 ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Minced chives for serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chipotle en adobo sauce, red peppers, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender to puree to your desired consistency.
- Divide the soup into bowls and sprinkle with chives before serving.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review