These cocoa mascarpone bars are like a cross between a blondie and an almost cake-like brownie with a combination of vanilla and almond extract.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, hot water and vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar followed by the egg, vanilla extract and mascarpone until fully combined. Fold in the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Spread 3/4 of the batter into the prepared pan. Stir the cocoa mixture into the remaining batter and spread into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bars comes out clean. Cool before cutting into 16 squares.
Adapted from Food52
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review