Salted Fudge Brownies
on Jan 14, 2013, Updated Jun 17, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you want a rich, chocolatey brownie that’s the best combination of salty and sweet, you will love these easy salted fudge brownies.
I have a bad, borderline inexcusable habit.
Whenever I bake a batch of brownies, I stealthily sneak bites at the most inappropriate times for dessert.
With a sharp knife, I will slice the thinnest of slivers just to even out the edges.
Yes, this means that I’m guilty of having brownies for breakfast. Well, not my full breakfast.
While making my morning smoothie, packed with antioxidant-rich berries and spinach, I will slyly sneak a skinny brownie slice.
So much for my good breakfast choices!
You will understand my lack of self-control once you try these salted fudge brownies. They are an absolute one-bowl masterpiece that could not be any easier to make.
I realize there are a ton of good brownie mixes out there, but these from-scratch brownies don’t take much more effort. And they are a dream.
How To Make Salted Fudge Brownies
First, you melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
After that you stir in the rest of the ingredients: cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract followed by the flour.
The great thing about brownies is that they’re pretty resilient.
You don’t need to do a lot of hand-holding with the batter like you do with cake. There’s less risk of over-mixing.
Once the batter is spread into an even layer in the pan, it’s time to sprinkle on the flaky sea salt on top.
Then you drag your knife gently through to distribute the salt.
These salted fudge brownies are that addictive, mouthwatering combination of rich chocolate and salt.
When I control myself long enough to share them with friends, they are always a big hit. The plate is clean except for a few crumbs.
If I’m baking them for a bigger group, I will cut them into smaller pieces to be brownie bites. They’re gone just as fast!
More Bar Cookie Recipes
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Candy Bar Blondies
Milk Chocolate Almond Brownies
Cream Cheese Brownies
Ricotta Cheesecake Bars
Pretzel Shortbread Bars
No-Bake Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Bars
Rocky Road Bars
Salted Fudge Brownies
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, cubed plus more for pan
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a foil-lined 9-inch square metal cake pan.
- In a large saucepan over low heat melt the butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract thoroughly mixing after each addition. Gently fold in the flour.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan using a spatula to spread it into the corners. Sprinkle sea salt evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a bit of batter. Allow to cool and cut into 16 squares. Serve at warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.