A stovetop grill pan makes this grilled asparagus tomato salad with toasted walnuts, pecorino, parsley and scallions a simple and fresh spring/summer dish.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 ounce, shaved pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the asparagus, preheat a grill pan on the stove over medium high heat.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus turning occasional until it is cooked but still crisp and has grill marks, about 5-7 minutes.
- When the asparagus is cool enough to handle, slice it into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes, scallions, walnuts, pecorino, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.