With sunflower seeds, feta and lemon garlic vinaigrette, if there is such a thing as a simple sheet pan salad, this sweet potato chickpea kale salad is it.
- For salad
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, diced 1/2-inch
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large bunch curly kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- For vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Spread into a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are browned at the edges and the chickpeas are crispy. Set aside to cool either to warm or to room temperature.
- Combine the sweet potatoes and chickpeas with the kale, scallions, feta and sunflower seeds.
- For the vinaigrette, stir together the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until fully combined.
- Toss the vinaigrette into the salad before serving.