Romaine hearts go straight on the hot grill grates for a quick sear in this simple grilled romaine salad with parmesan and lemon vinaigrette.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise
- Shaved Parmesan for serving
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Brush the romaine with the dressing.
- Quickly grill the romaine for about a minute on each side until it is just charred at the edges.
- Drizzle with additional dressing as desired. Top with shaved Parmesan and parsley before serving.
The romaine is best eaten right after it is grilled. You can serve the hearts whole or chop them.
Great additions to the salad include halved cherry or grape tomatoes, homemade croutons, and chopped nuts.
If you have leftover dressing, it can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Keywords: grilled romaine salad