This blueberry salad has a little bit of everything in the best way including grilled corn, quinoa, feta, red onions and arugula all dressed in lemon vinaigrette.
- For quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- For corn
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- For salad
- 1–1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- For vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the quinoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer on low until the quinoa is cooked and has absorbed the water, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- Rub the corn with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes. Let the corn cool slightly before slicing off the kernels.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, blueberries, onions, arugula, feta and chives. Stir in the quinoa.
- For the dressing, whisk together the garlic, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing into the salad, tossing to coat.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Keywords: blueberry salad, blueberry corn salad
delicious salad. I didn’t have any fresh corn so I substituted frozen corn and toasted it in a cast iron pan. The salad has a perfect melding of flavors. My husband and I both really enjoyed it. Thank you!