This simple grilled watermelon is sweet and smoky and finished with crumbled feta cheese and torn basil leaves.
- Vegetable oil for grill
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 watermelon, 5-6 pounds, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1–2 tablespoons small basil leaves and torn basil
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat. Grease the grates with vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and zest, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Brush the watermelon on both sides with the lemon-honey mixture.
- Grill the watermelon about 2 minutes per side until it has grill marks.
- Arrange the watermelon on a serving platter and top with crumbled feta and basil.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3 days in an airtight container. Add more fresh herbs before you serve the leftovers.
You can turn this into a salad by adding lettuce like chopped romaine, arugula or spinach.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 41.8 g
- Sodium: 204 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.7 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.2 mg
Keywords: grilled watermelon