Refreshing and crisp is the best way to describe this watermelon cucumber salad with feta and grilled corn. Serve it as a summer side dish.
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, diced (about 1–1/2 cups)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the watermelon in a colander. Toss it with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Let the watermelon sit and release its juices while you grill the corn.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- Rub the corn with the olive oil. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes. Let the corn cool slightly before slicing the kernels off the cob.
- In a large bowl, stir together the watermelon, corn, cucumbers, scallions, cilantro, feta, flaky sea salt and black pepper.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 12.8 g
- Sodium: 632.9 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 11.1 mg
Keywords: watermelon cucumber salad, watermelon cucumber feta salad