A simple salad that makes the most of citrus season, this orange olive salad has peppery watercress, feta, toasted walnuts, parsley and orange vinaigrette.
- 2 Navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 4 ounces watercress
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 ounces feta, thinly sliced and crumbled
- Cut the peel and white pith from the oranges. Slice between the membranes removing the segments while collecting the juices in a bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, salt and pepper and then the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, olives, watercress, scallions, walnuts, parsley and feta. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, tossing to combine.