With spinach, lemon, garlic and Pecorino cheese, this super east chickpea pasta recipe is ready in about 20 minutes.
- 8 ounces rotini chickpea pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup torn baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in a fine mesh strainer.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and sauté occasionally stirring around the chickpeas. They will turn crispy and golden in about 5-6 minutes.
- Then add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in the pasta, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the spinach, Pecorino cheese, and parsley. The greens will wilt in a couple minutes.
- Top with additional Pecorino before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Keywords: chickpea pasta