Peanut butter quinoa blondies are a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth, but with a healthy dose of nutrition in the form of quinoa flour.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in the eggs followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa flour, baking powder and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients followed by the chocolate chips. Spread the batter in an even layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 45 minutes before cutting the bars into desired sizes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted fromEating Well March/April 2013